2019-2020 Edgewood College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
French and Spanish Teaching, Early Childhood through Adolescence: Regular Education (Birth-Age 21), BA/Licensing
See Foreign Language for Foreign Language coursework requirements of the French Teaching Minor and the Spanish Teaching Major/Minor.
Within the General Education Curriculum, the following courses are required:
- Coursework in western and non-western studies: courses in History, World Issues, Politics, Geography, Global Culture, Art and Religion may be approved to fulfill one or both requirements
- A course in national, state and local government, typically PS 262 J - Intro to American Political Process
Within the General Education Curriculum, the following courses are recommended:
To attain the Early Childhood through Adolescence: Regular Education (Birth- Age 21) license, students must progress satisfactorily through the five transition steps. In addition, candidates for this license should have the following:
- CORE Test (or a minimum score of 23 on the ACT)
- WPT, OPI
- GPA of 2.75 in Communication Skills, General Education, Content Knowledge, Teacher Education and Overall.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in content area courses
- Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA)